Quercetin is a kind of flavonoid antioxidant from plants, usually found in green leafy veggies, berries, broccoli, and tomatoes. It is also called the “plant pigment” that causes the green color of nutritious vegetables. This antioxidant has a significant effect in reversing damages caused by the free radicals to the human body.
Being an antioxidant, quercetin is usually a favourite component for herbal supplements. To find out why, check out some of its benefits:
- Prevents inflammation– since quercetin is a type of flavonoid, it has anti-inflammatory capacities. It is known to help fight off inflammation conditions such as allergies, high cholesterol, prostate inflammation, diabetes, asthma, and heart disease.
- Effective in treating arthritis– quercetin is said to be a natural remedy for arthritis because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps decrease the pain caused by autoimmune diseases like and infections and arthritis.
- Keeps skin healthy– aside from being an antioxidant which helps prevent premature skin aging caused by free radicals, quercetin has the capacity to block mast cells which trigger allergies and other skin diseases like photosensitivity and dermatitis.
- Improves heart condition– Since it can prevent inflammation and decrease level of oxidative stress, quercetin is helpful to people who suffer from heart and blood-circulation diseases.
- Can lower risk of cancer– According to a study conducted by the Boston University School of Medicine, consumption of quercetin-rich diet can help prevent cancer. It is also suggested that this flavonoid could have an anti-proliferative effect on cancer cells and may have chemo-preventive action, making it a good addition to natural anti-cancer treatments.
Quercetin is used to increase endurance and improve athletic performance. Quercetin is used also for treating conditions of the heart and blood vessels including “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), high cholesterol, heart disease, and circulation problems.
These benefits and more are the reasons why Yuuto handpicked quercetin to be among its special ingredients. If you are taking any medication, it is advised that you consult your doctor first before taking health supplements.