Methylsulfonylmethane or MSM is a substance found in humans, animals, and green plants. This chemical is actually an organic sulfur compound produced from the rain cycle. This MSM has gained popularity due to studies showing its influence on anti-aging and longevity.
There is a book called The Miracle of MSM: The Natural Solution for Pain—and it has contributed much to the popularity that this substance gained. There are also other studies that promote MSM supplements. Generally, these are some of the known benefits of MSM:
- Increases flexibility– studies show that MSM is effective in increasing the flexibility of joints. It is also known to improve the elasticity of muscle tissues and skin.
- Allows body detoxification and prevents inflammation– MSM has anti-inflammatory properties due to its detoxification power. Excessive weight is actually a kind of inflammation due to the retention of metabolic wastes, which causes chronic inflammation of the body cells. With sulfur, these toxins are eliminated from the body and the cells lose the excess liquids.
- Increases healing capability– the elimination of metabolic wastes accelerates the body’s ability to heal and recover from illnesses. With detoxification at the cellular level, body cells can regenerate faster.
- Keeps the skin health– MSM can induce collagen production, which is helpful in creating new and healthy skin tissues. This becomes more effective when combined with vitamin C.
Research has revealed certain properties of MSM that may help to relieve the pain and inflammation of rheumatoid arthritis:
- MSM has natural anti-inflammatory properties that may help to relieve joint soreness, stiffness and swelling;
- MSM also has strong antioxidant properties, and Sulfur helps your body to form one of its most powerful antioxidants, glutathione;
- Finally, MSM supports tissue healing, and may assist with healing joint tissue has been damaged by long-term inflammation;
At the moment, there is no RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowance) for MSM. Therefore, before taking MSM supplements, people are recommended to talk to their doctors if they are under medication to make sure it is safe for them.
Check out the other ingredients that compose Yuuto dietary supplements and find out why they are effective on you.