Discomfort and painful sensations are normal when you are experiencing problem in your bones and joints. Since your movements are limited, even doing some simple chores can cause so much pain. Sometimes, you can go through the ache and endure the pain, but most of the times, it’s unbearable.
Bone and joint pain may affect whichever part of your body. When pain is present, the condition of the bones differs from that of the joints.
Bone pain, which is less common than muscle ache and joint pain, is different because the pain is present whether you tend to move or not. This feeling of aching and extreme tenderness may exist in one or more bones. The normal structure and function of the bone is affected since the pain might be associated to diseases.
On the other hand, joint pain is due to inflamed joints and nearby soft tissues. The most common complaint of people suffering from this condition includes pain in their knee, shoulder and hip. Sometimes, joint pain may occur along with bone and muscle pain – especially if the root cause of the painful symptoms is the person’s health condition.
Several Causes of Check Your Symptoms and Signs
There are a number of reasons why people experience bone and joint pain. Serious medical conditions can be a factor while injuries are more common, especially among athletes.
Bone pain makes a person fell heavy, stiff and weak. Here are some causes of bone pain:
- Bone Cancer. It usually destroys the structure of the bones which causes a lot of pain.
- When a bone is damaged, it can cause bone pain.
- Osteomyelitis, which is an infection of the bone, doesn’t just cause bone pain but it can also kill bone cells.
- It is a type of bone disease that makes the bone fragile and the bone itself is high risk for factures.
- Metastatic Cancer. This type of cancer is spread to other body parts and has reached the bones, though originated somewhere else in the body.
- Nutrient Deficiency. This leads to fatigue and cramps wherein a person lacks in vitamin D, calcium and other nutrients essential for strong bones.
Moreover, millions of people out there suffer from joint pain every day. Here are some of its causes:
- Also known as arthritis, stiffness and pain are the results of this degenerative condition due to the inflammation in the joints.
- Traumatic Injury. Exercise with poor form, sprains, strains and other accidents can bring pressure on a joint. Any impact and injury can happen whether indoor outdoor.
- As you grow older, joint pain can be felt since the collagen that builds cartilage in your joints starts to decline.
- Bone Pain Diseases. Osteoporosis, bursitis and other bone-related diseases can make joint pain worse.
- Being inactive all day long without any necessary movement, especially when sitting for how many hours can contribute to joint pain.
- There are occasional instances when infections and other illnesses that cause body pain may trigger joint pain.
- Joint Tumor. There are rare tumors of the joint that causes severe joint pain.
How to relieve the pain?
Joint and bone pain brings physical disability to many especially that severe long-term pain can cause so much damage to the lives of the affected ones. In fact, the number of individuals suffering from various musculoskeletal conditions is growing every year. This is because most people don’t yet realise how important it is to maintain healthy bones and joints.
When it comes to treatment, some choose to take medications to ease the cramps, throbbing and aching. However, others opt to endure the pain, depending on the level of severity of the symptoms.
Aside from medication, there are also alternative treatments for bone and joint pain. Whether the pain is acute or chronic, you may try some of these remedies at home.
Remedies for bone pain:
- The analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of meadowsweet.
The infusion of meadowsweet can be used in compresses on parts of the body where pain is located. Also, its dried flowers can be used in teas.
- Anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects of potato plaster.
The juice extracted from the potato can be applied on the painful area as a plaster to relive the pain.
- Health benefits from herbal teas.
Drinking 2 cups a day of ginger and birch herbal teas are natural remedies for your bone pain. Birch reduces the toxins and inflammation that cause bone pain while ginger is helpful for swollen joints.
Remedies for joint pain:
- To decrease the feeling of discomfort and swelling in your joints (knees), wrap it up before bed.
This is helpful to lessen the pain and your knees will be prevented from bumping into each other.
- Take a relaxing bath with hot water for at least 20 minutes.
Adding 2 cups of magnesium salt or sea salt is effective to reduce the muscle spasm and inflammation.
- Applying hot-and-cold method helps to manage the pain.
Put a hot pack or warm towel on the painful area and then follow up with a cold pack. Do it for 20 minutes in an alternate manner (20 minutes for the hot pack and another 20 minutes for the cold pack) and repeat the procedure at least 3 times a day.
- Applying pain-relieving capsaicin ointments and creams can provide relief on the affected area.
After applying it, you can no longer feel the pain in the joints since it redirects the nerves.
Take Good Care of Your Bones and Joints
Taking care of your bones and joints and keeping them healthy is still the best way to prevent all those musculoskeletal conditions. To help you with this, you may try the health food and dietary Japanese supplements from Yuuto Nutrition.
Finally, it is always best to have an appointment with your doctor for diagnosis and treatment, especially if the case needs professional help. You can have the proper medication, appropriate exercise routine and right diet with the help and guidance of your doctor.
Yuuto™ helps people live better, healthier and longer lives. Building upon our solid foundation of scientific research and development, Yuuto Nutrition has developed a range of premium dietary supplements, sports nutrition supplements and skin care products for the maintenance and promotion of people’s health.